PROBA-V data are available at 1 km, 300 m, and 100 m resolutions. The usage of the 1 km products is the responsibility of the European Space Agency (ESA), while the Belgian national exploitation programme funded by the Belgian Science Policy (BELSPO) is responsible for the 300 m and 100 m products. Therefore the data policy is split up into these two parts below.
PROBA-V 1 km products
Table 1 of the data policy document presents the various products available at 1 km resolution.
The PROBA-V 1 km products are freely available and are customizable.
PROBA-V 300 m and 100 m products
Table 2 of the data policy document presents the various products at 300 m resolution.
The 300 m an 100 m products can be customized with the following options:
- HDF4 or GeoTIFF format instead of HDF5.
- Clipping the granules of products to a specific, rectangular region of interest.
- Selection of specific bands, e.g. only the RED band.
PROBA-V 300 m and 100 m data are freely available for data older than 1 month. Near Real Time data is commercial, please contact email@example.com for a cost indication.
- All products may be used for scientific purposes. When a user wants to use products for scientific purposes only, he/she can get the required products under special, more favorable conditions. The use of products for research projects that are entirely funded by ESA is also considered as Scientific Use.
- The use of products by EC research projects is considered as Scientific Use, provided they are not and will not be used for other than research purposes.
- All Scientific Use projects have to indicate the total amount of products required.
More detailed data policy information is available in the data policy document.