With more than 7 years of daily global PROBA-V data available, the time has come to fully exploit this EO data and valuable time series. Add a whopping 16 years of SPOT-VEGETATION time series, Sentinel-1, Sentinel-2 and Copernicus Global Land Service data to this offer and you’re all set to gather valuable, useful and objective new insights. But, what can you do with this massive amount of data? Which information can you extract? Which services would you like te develop? Participate in our PROBA-V coding contest and get a chance to win one of our special prizes.
How to participate?
Create new notebook and start coding! You can also make use of our numerous samples in the notebook environment. Python, R and Scala are supported.
When finished, submit your script(s) before September 30, 2020 – 12:00 (CEST).
- Contest takes place starting July 1st, 2020 and ends 30 September 2020 12:00[CEST] .
- All scripts have to be submitted as a text file using the online form.
- Scripts must contain the comprehensive description of each step.
- Scripts must contain references and/or credits if it based upon other people’s work (citations and link to relevant papers).
- Every contestant can hand in up to four scripts.
- The employees of VITO may not enter the scripting contest.
- By handing in the script, you confirm you are the author and have the all the rights to do so.
- By submitting your script, you agree to this guidelines and terms and conditions.
We’ll award multiple participants. The winners will be announced latest end of October after careful deliberation by an experienced jury. They shall be notified with an e-mail.
The evaluation criteria are:
- Visual appearance and results
- Scientific relevance
- 1st prize: Large bag filled with ESA and PROBA-V goodies, free access to a large cloud VM tier (16 CPU’s, 32GB RAM) on the VITO cloud platform for one year.
- 2nd prize: Medium bag filled with ESA and PROBA-V goodies, free access to a large cloud VM tier (8 CPU’s, 16GB RAM) on the VITO cloud platform for one year.
- 3rd prize: Medium bag filled with ESA and PROBA-V goodies, free access to a large cloud VM tier (8 CPU’s, 16GB RAM) on the VITO cloud platform for half a year.
Evaluation will be performed by a professional jury consisting of VITO and non VITO people with experience in EO user applications.
By participating in the contest, each participant gives VITO his permission to use the personal information. The personal data that you have shared with VITO will be stored in a secure environment that is not accessible to the public.VITO provides protection of personal data according to the applicable privacy law. The data will be used for the purpose of informing about the contest and possibly also for other marketing purposes. You have the right of access, to rectification and erasure (this gives you the right to be ‘forgotten’). Please contact VITO by sending an email via the Contact page.
PROBA-V scripting contest form
VITO reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the scripting contest at any given moment due to content-related, commercial or technical reasons.